Homeward NYC provides housing and wraparound services that empower homeless New York City young mothers, LGBTQ young people and older adults to live life forward.
Our nonprofit owns and operates two LGBTQ young adult supportive housing sites, and a mixed-age housing site that is a transitional family shelter for homeless mothers and children and long-term, affordable housing for low-income and homeless seniors.
At each location, we provide housing and support services including case management, life skills, counseling, and community partnerships. The Life Skills Program is a core component of our direct services; the program builds skills for housing stability, and promotes healing and increased independence. Our Transitional Care & Aftercare Program launches in 2023.
Homeward NYC (a dba of West End Residences HDFC, Inc.) is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Our tax ID number is 13-3442001.
Welcome Video with a message from the CEO and some stats about homelessness
Homeward NYC One-Page Overview document last updated 11/2021
Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Toolkit with sample social media posts, images, videos and additional tools
Sample Fundraising Emails document last updated 12/2022; Note: You should download this Word document then copy and paste the contents if you want to maintain the links and formatting.
2022 Year End Appeal
- Year End Mailing document last updated 12/2022
- Year End Webpage
- 12/14 Email
- 12/20 Email
- 12/30 Email
- 12/31 Email
Board Member Duties and Responsibilities document last updated 8/2021
- Board members are trusted advisors to the Chief Executive Officer, and act as advocates and ambassadors for the organization
- Board members consider Homeward NYC one of their top three philanthropic priorities, make annual gifts, and encourage those in their personal and professional networks to make gifts.
- Board members participate in the annual giving “Give/Get.” Example ways to “get” donations include:
- Asking friends, family and colleagues for donations via mail, phone, email, text message, social media, online giving campaign, or in person
- Creating an online giving campaign and sharing the link with your network
- Hosting or co-hosting a small fundraising event at your home, your office, or a restaurant
- Making introductions at corporations or foundations that result in grant funding for Homeward NYC
- Securing matching contributions from your employer of your partner’s employer
- Securing a grant from your employer
- Note: For anyone who makes a gift online, there’s a field for “Note about my gift” where the donor can note they’re giving in your honor.
Board Listing document last updated 11/2022
Detailed Organization History and Programs document last updated 4/2023