Join us for Giving Tuesday!
There’s Black Friday… Cyber Monday… and now Giving Tuesday. There are many ways you can get involved with Homeward NYC during this global day of giving.
Make a Gift
- Making a gift is the fastest way to help homeless young families, seniors, and LGBTQ young adults—and allows us to direct resources where needed most.
- Follow our new Homeward NYC social media accounts and repost to your networks today and on #GivingTuesday:
Share the Good
- Share what you’ve been doing to spread generosity in your local community. Whether or not that generosity has to do with Homeward NYC, we want to hear about the good you’re doing.
Ask About Matching Gifts
- Check to see if your company or your partner’s company has a matching gifts program. Some companies even match 2-to-1 on Giving Tuesday.
Learn More About Homeward NYC
- West End Residences and our True Colors Housing Programs are now Homeward NYC! Check out this announcement video from Jeannette Ruffins, Chief Executive Officer: Watch Video
COVID-19 and Winter Needs for Our Residents
- Disinfectant wipes and sprays
- Other cleaning and sanitary supplies (e.g. bleach, paper towels, tissues, trash bags)
- Toiletries (e.g. deodorant, soap)
- Nonperishable food (e.g. canned tuna, soup, crackers, cereal, peanut butter)
- Disposable diapers and baby formula for young families
- New winter hats, gloves, coats and boots
- Activities to stimulate the mind and spirit:
- For Older Adults: puzzles, crosswords, and large-print word searches
- For Young Children (ages newborn to 7 with a typical age of 21 months): fun, educational and easy-to-clean toys
For the safety of our residents, please ship items to: 483 West End Avenue, New York, NY 10024. To minimize packaging, consider placing a larger order with a group of friends.
Contact us at volunteer@homeward[DOT]nyc for information about current resident needs.
During this season of giving, Homeward NYC would like to offer our sincere thanks for your thoughtfulness, your giving and your volunteerism. Please know that your compassion means so much. Thank you.